February 2019 MAP Growth News
Want to help students take control of their learning?
TLE Tip of the Month: January 2019
This nine weeks is quickly coming to an end! Are you ready to print report cards?
Use the PowerPoint Presentation below to make your printing quick and easy this quarter.
The Importance of Honest Feedback about Student Progress
Join SUFS in the 2019-20 MAP Growth Partnership!
January 2019 MAP Growth News
Use Reflection & Goal Setting to Build a Growth Mindset in 2019!
Start the New Year on the Right Foot!
Help your students understand the importance of self-reflection and goal setting. Through continued reflection and growth, your students will develop grit, resilience, and problem solving skills that will serve them well in their academic life and beyond!
Reflect & Create a Vision
- Check out this great self-reflection & goal setting free printable from MathGiraffe.
- Help students think about their vision for the year by reading this article from BetterLesson.com.
Set SMART Goals
- Read this article from WeAreTeachers with excellent ideas for encouraging goal setting in your classroom!
- Check out these goal setting & progress monitoring resources from Denver Public Schools Innovation Lab.
- Watch a video example of a teacher discussing SMART goals with her students.
- Here are a few goal setting resources for kindergarten, elementary, and secondary students respectively.
Discuss Growth Mindset
- Read this article from LexiaLearning on “6 Tips for Developing the Growth Mindset in Your Classroom.”
- Check out the webinar options below on developing the growth mindset.
- How Teaching Growth Mindset Leads to Student Success (createabilities.com)
- Growth Mindset with Khan Academy
Goal for 2019: Meeting the Needs of my Students
Inspiring Resources for the Winter Break
Rest & Recharge With These Resources Over The Winter Break!
Are the mid-year blues making you feel a bit overwhelmed and drained? The holiday break can be a great time to relax and recharge your educational batteries. We