Start the New Year on the Right Foot!
Help your students understand the importance of self-reflection and goal setting. Through continued reflection and growth, your students will develop grit, resilience, and problem solving skills that will serve them well in their academic life and beyond!
Reflect & Create a Vision
- Check out this great self-reflection & goal setting free printable from MathGiraffe.
- Help students think about their vision for the year by reading this article from BetterLesson.com.
Set SMART Goals
- Read this article from WeAreTeachers with excellent ideas for encouraging goal setting in your classroom!
- Check out these goal setting & progress monitoring resources from Denver Public Schools Innovation Lab.
- Watch a video example of a teacher discussing SMART goals with her students.
- Here are a few goal setting resources for kindergarten, elementary, and secondary students respectively.
Discuss Growth Mindset
- Read this article from LexiaLearning on “6 Tips for Developing the Growth Mindset in Your Classroom.”
- Check out the webinar options below on developing the growth mindset.
- How Teaching Growth Mindset Leads to Student Success (createabilities.com)
- Growth Mindset with Khan Academy